Sunday, September 02, 2007

SWEEPING SUCCESS IN THE HOUSE OF HORRORS


...aaaaaaaaand that's three.

Wagner made it a little interesting, but held up a great performance by Glavine, and another clutch hit from David Wright.


Way for the Mets to take advantage of a miscue by Braves shortstop Escobar to let Jose Reyes get on base on what should have been an out. Wright hit a home run two batters later and that was the difference in the game.

Nice. I said it all last year and I will say it again. I love David Wright and I don't care who knows it.

Big... BIG strike out of Texiera by Heilman in the 8th. I STILL think that if Heilman pitchesd the 8th inning of thursday's game the Mets win and they would be 6 up on The Phils instead of four.


So, after being just totally smacked by the Phils, the Mets played a unreal three games in Atlanta. I'm really thinking at this point that the four game sweep forced this team to take a long look at themselves and realize it was time to pick up thepace.


The Braves and Phillies now will face each other in Atlanta for three games. This is good. The Phillies can pretty much knock the Braves out of the playoff picture overall with a sweep. The Braves could serverly damge the Phils chances with a sweep. In the end, I'd like to see the Braves win 2 out of 3 and hope the Mets take 2 of 3 from the Reds. That would basically put the phillies 6 games out and the Braves 6 1/2 games out and pretty much make the magic number about 18.

So, I surevived the weekend and the Mets righted a seriously shakey ship. Good job all around.

No comments: