Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm Too Tired for This. I'm Done.

The previous post was written when the Mets still had a 7-4 lead. Over the next 15 odd minutes I watched WIllie Randolph make bad decision after bad decision. Last night's game was lost for four reasons:

1 - Feliciano was taken out after one batter. He is a strike out pitcher and the Marlins are a free swinging team. Feliciano should have been allowed to at the LEAST pitch to the next batter.

2 - After a lousy bunt attempt in the top of the 10th, Willie did not have Gomez try and steal second. Gomez has been called "the fastest runner on the Mets" more than once, but was held until there was 2 outs and 2 strikes before he was sent. He should have been stealing within the first five pitches of the Gotay's at bat.

3 - Sosa was kept in to pitch the bottom of the 10th despite having a fairly horrible ninth inning. I would have rathered have Aaron Sele pitch the 10th. Sosa didn't even get an out before surrending the winning run.

4 - The Mets continue to pitch to Cabrera. This is reaching Pat Burrell proportions. The fucking guy beats us in almost every at bat. STOP FUCKING PITCHING TO HIM.

The fun and joy I used to have for baseball has been sucked out of me. It's not just that they are losing... it's the horrible way they're playing and are managed. It's not fun and I don't know if it's going to be fun for me anymore... at least not this year. Maybe I'll feel different in a few days, but as for now I'm not following this team anymore this year. I can't. Every game feels like a fucking knife in the chest. They cannot protect a lead so watching them consistantly blow three and four run leads is a nightmare. I'm done for this year. For all I know they'll win the whole fucking thing. Hell the 2000 Yankees, 2005 White Sox and 2006 Cardinals all played HORRIBLE baseball at the end of the season and all three almost blew their leads and all three recovered to win the world series those years... so maybe that will happen for the Mets... but if it does... I can't say I'll be watching cause this just isn't fun anymore.

And when a game makes me feel the rage I felt last night, it's time to let that game go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw Pat, you KNOW you're going to watch if they make it to the playoffs (note the if).

You KNOW you're gonna.