Friday, August 31, 2007

Thank God.

One down, two to go.

I broke my own promise to myself, but I also realized that there was no possible way I'd be able to avoid all mentions of the score to each mets game for the entire weekend.

I managed to keep myself from the game until it was the top of the 8th. At that point the Mets were up 4-1 enroute to a 7-1 victory.

Didn't see most of the game so it's hard to comment. The bullpen looked sharp in the two innings I saw. The annoucers praised Maine and said he looked the best he's looked since early July. Delgado hit a home run. Yay.

Gotta win one more this weekend... and if they can somehow sweep, it would be huge. I'd almost say it would be worth the four ganme sweep in Philly if they could sweep the Braves this weekend.

But I'd be shocked. This is, for whatever reason, the house of horrors for the Mets.

Phillies won also. marlins look pretty bad these days. They MIGHT be able to take one game from the Phils. I hope they can.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yer behind the times, man. Another masterful victory today.

And what an awesome game you missed yesterday. AWESOME.

God damn these Mets. God damn them straight to hell. Every time I give up hope, they pull this shit. They look like losers for 4 days straight, then like total champions. AGH!!! I love them. I hate them.

But mostly I love them. Lots.

Patrick J. Nestor, Jr. said...

That's the thing with this team as a whole Lee... Just when you believe they are champions they make you doubt, and when you doubt they can win anything they make you beleive.

Frustrating for sure. I will admit it DOES make it that much sweeter when they DO win...

But jeez... I'd love a nice easy blowout season where they win the whole thing. Would KILL for it.

Unknown said...

Me too. With my bare hands!