Friday, August 31, 2007

I Don't Wanna Talk About it...

I honestly don't think I have gotten as angry in the last three years at a baseball game as I did yesterday.

I seriously lost it.

I can't even talk about it.

What the hell was Willie thinking using Wagner for a 6 out save? As it was he sat four of his starters... the game started out with no urgancy and then became a total panic job in the 8th.

Hielman should have pitched the 8th. Wagner the 9th. I honestly think we could have gotten through with a win if that had happened.

Instead, this week has been a total disaster. Anything... ANYTHING less than winning 2 out of 3 in atlanta will mean that odds are the Mets will be in 2nd place come monday morning.

After holding a 7 game lead less than opne week ago. Pathetic.

And I see the Red Sox and the rest of the AL is holding their annual choke session. No matter how well the Yankees have played the last two months, the ONLY way they could have gotten back into the playoff picture was for the Red Sox, Indians, Tigers, A's and Mariners too ALL play under .450 ball, which was basically UNHEARD OF. And what happens? EVERY ONE OF THOSE TEAMS HAVE PLAYED UNDER. 450 SINCE.

Jesus.

I'm actually sick over this. Unreal.

I need therapy. I MUST find a way to avoid baseball this weekend. I'd arther find out Monday morning what happened over the next three games. Even if they win, the stress of the games has sucked the fun out of it.

The problem is, the Mets have shown almost NO urgancy this entire season... they've strutted around like the king shits of the league because they held 1st place since day one. The thing is... this team hasn't won ANYTHING yet, and has no right to play the way they have. Outside of Reyes and Wright.. the rest of the team looks like they're waiting for the playoffs to "flip the switch"

This isn;t the '99 Yankess... this team can't play that way. They still have a LOT to prove.

Dammit. I said I didn't wanna talk about it.

Argh.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

*sniffle*
*cry*
WHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

*sound of breaking china*

Close up of Lisa tipping the bottle of valium, hands shaking...

Patrick J. Nestor, Jr. said...

Lisa. Trust me. as your friend.

DO NOT WATCH ANY BASEBALL THIS WEEKEND.

And don't mix that valium with Grey Goose.

Now pass the china. I wanna chuck some too.

Unknown said...

dude, who are you kidding?

reyes has been playing with his head planted squarely up his ass all year.

Patrick J. Nestor, Jr. said...

What? Reyes may be slumping now, but he's played quite well all year and the guy plays with heart and gusto at all times. In no way can you say he dogs it or plays without intensity.

Unknown said...

It's a good thing I didn't listen to you!! (Actually I didn't read your comment back until now, so I wasn't totally ignoring you Pat... don't get a complex...)

... or I would have missed two awesome games in a row!

AND I would have missed out on that big hangover yesterday morning! Oh but wait, I really could have done without that. Seriously.